Thursday, May 21, 2009

Walgreens Diapers Review



So, you look at the pictures and think "yep, looks like diapers." What you fail to realize is that in truth, this is an optical illusion. There are no diapers here!

I went to Walgrens yesterday in search of diapers. I have always stuck with Huggies since the diaper disasters of my first-born. However, I was at Walgreens and saw a magnificent money-saving opportunity. I could buy two jumbo packs of Walgreens diapers for about the same price as one jumbo pack of Huggies! Something deep inside me cautioned against this. It said things like "We've tried other brands before...it was never pleasant." But how could I resist that enticing price? In the end, the money argument won out.

I had my first opportunity to try these diapers out last night directly before bed. Upon opening up a diaper, misgivings arose within myself. The texture was all wrong. The diaper wasn't poofy enough. Little things seemed wrong. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Then, this morning when I picked up my son, I noted that his blanket was wet and I thought "Uh-oh...bad diaper, like I predicted." However, having spent the money on these packs of diapers, I convinced myself that this was not the case. Instead, I would rather believe that he simply released an excessive amount of urine overnight...more than any diaper could reasonably be expected to hold. So I changed him into a new Walgreens diaper.

Then, less than an hour ago, I was holding my son in my lap while at the computer. Suddenly, I felt an all-too-familiar wetness running down my leg. Yes, my son peed all over me. And himself. And the chair. Not his fault of course...the diaper is entirely to blame. And if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty of it, I'm to blame. Against all instinct, I bought these diapers. I shan't make him suffer from them anymore, however. It's Huggies from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment